Human Resources Manager – 12 Month Contract
Human Resources Manager – 12 Month Contract
- 1 month ago
Deadline: November 30, 2023
Our team at Richcraft Homes is seeking a Human Resources Manager for a 12-month contract.
Job Type | Full Time
Who We Are
Richcraft Homes is a renowned, successful Ottawa Real Estate Corporation with more than a 40 year history in home and high rise construction, land acquisition and development, multiple joint venture projects, and residential and commercial income property management.
Richcraft’s purpose is to provide a distinctive, sought after product that delivers value and award-winning designs, with a commitment to customer satisfaction that surpasses every expectation. At Richcraft, we are purpose-inspired, detail oriented and driven.
Richcraft strives to provide a high quality, professional work environment that fosters personal and professional growth. Innovation, integrity, craftsmanship, and community are at the forefront of everything we do. We have always kept an unwavering commitment to our people, our communities, and our homeowners. At Richcraft, we feel privileged to build dream homes for our clients.
Richcraft is passionate about professional growth, development and long-term career excellence of its employees.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources (HR) Manager will be responsible for the management of the daily functions of the HR team at Richcraft and to deliver value-added services to managers and employees that allow Richcraft to achieve organization goals. The HR Manager is responsible for the recruitment and retention of great employees, which is integral to the success of Richcraft.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead the recruitment function including employer branding, development of job postings and interviews. The goal is to build brand awareness for Richcraft as an employer of choice. Build connections in the construction / real estate industry to become familiar with top talent.
- Develop and implement corporate policies and procedures, in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Bring forward suggestions, and recommendations on types of HR programs that would benefit Richcraft and support the creation of a strong culture.
- Develop and maintain human resource information and metrics within the Richcraft HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) to assess, measure and report on the effectiveness of human resources programs.
- Provide performance management guidance to managers including coaching, career development, and discipline.
- Lead the annual process for reviewing compensation including analysis and review of market data and preparation of salary range recommendations.
- Review health, dental and group retirement plans to ensure market competitiveness and alignment with organizations goals.
- Manage the payroll department to ensure accurate processing of pay for salary and hourly employees including the administration of leave programs.
- Manage the Health and Safety function to ensure a strong health and safety program.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR requirements.
- Provide support to HR Coordinator, management, and other staff when complex and sensitive questions and issues arise
What You Bring:
- Five years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager or HR Business Partner
- Strong knowledge of applicable employment law
- Experience partnering with or managing a payroll department.
- Proven experience in health and safety
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion
- Ability to communicate quickly and concisely in a verbal and written format
- Computer proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint; advanced Excel skills, with the ability to analyze and compare data
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution in Human Resources
- CHRP or CHRLP designation strong asset
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now will be considered an asset
Richcraft Homes is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us and we will work this you to meet your needs.
Sound like you? Apply now!