- 5 days ago
Deadline: November 1, 2021
Richcraft Homes is looking for a Construction Superintendent to join our team who is as excited as we are to help enrich our local communities. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the overall supervision of construction projects, crews and sub-contractors. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all employees, customers, subcontractor, general contractors, tenants, managers and suppliers.
Job Type | Full Time
- Oversee and manage the construction site from the set-up phase, including setting up structures and processes for the site office, access, through to hand-over at the completion of the project
- Assist in developing and maintaining the construction production schedule and site management plan
- Review and understand project drawings and specifications, and address any discrepancies by reporting them to the Construction Manager
- Provide schedule updates to the Construction Manager on a regular basis
- Schedule meetings with and manage subcontractors
- Establish and maintain quality control measures on-site
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Ensure inspections are completed periodically throughout the construction phases to ensure buildings meet the specifications of clients
- Oversee performance of all trade contractors to ensure architectural and engineering drawings are being delivered with accuracy and to regulatory standards
- Provide guidance to employees and contractors on how to work in a more safe and efficient manner
- Participate in all safety reporting functions
- Ensure the timely delivery of safety reports to the Safety Officer in order to maintain all legislative requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely project close date; adjust working schedules to ensure deadlines are met
- Verify all onsite safety training for all new hires, including employees, trades and contractors
- Enforce all Richcraft policies and procedures
- All other duties as required
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary Certificate in Civil Engineering Technologist, Engineering Degree or other formal Technical training that is relevant to the field
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years of work experience in residential construction with demonstrated increased responsibility/supervisory work
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope with high intensity and stressful environments.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Understanding the fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract.
- Updated safety certificates are required
- A valid driver’s license is required as this requires travel to and from sites to the office
Richcraft Homes is committed to the professional growth, development and long-term career excellence of its employees. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and full range of benefits including:
• Generous health and dental plan
• Group retirement planning with company match
• Long-term employment
• Opportunities for growth
How to Apply
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resumes and cover letter to [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Richcraft Homes is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us.
Sound like you? Apply now!